Hormone Replacement Therapy For Low Testosterone Treatment
As men age their testosterone levels slowly decline, with significant decreases common in men over 40. Low testosterone levels inhibit our ability to maintain lean body mass, handle stress, and perform sexually. While this is a natural process, some of these conditions can be avoided with the various treatments available for low testosterone. Hormone Replacement Therapy is a popular treatment designed to keep testosterone levels in the higher end of the normal range as men age, thereby eliminating many of the above listed symptoms of aging.
There are various facts about male hormone therapy which every man should be aware of. Some of these include:
1. Hundreds of hormones are responsible for the chemistry of the body. Male hormones like Testosterone, Human Growth Hormone, Estrogen, Cortisol, DHEA and Thyroid are responsible for the aging process that occurs in our bodies.
2. Hormone treatment, when done correctly, is quite safe for men, with no negative side effects.
3. While all hormones in men are important, testosterone is by far the most important one. Reduction in the levels of testosterone results in a condition which can be termed as male menopause.
4. Not only is male hormone therapy completely safe, it is also quite healthy. Within 4 to 6 weeks of this treatment, men can feel considerably better than they did before the therapy. Such treatments result in balanced hormones in the body which helps the body fight off illnesses like Alzheimer’s.
5. There is no single treatment that can be applied to every man. An effective hormone treatment is one that is customized for each individual and results in a well balanced level of hormones in the body.
6. Regular testing of hormone levels is important to ensure appropriate treatment.
Optimal Male Hormones and Male Hormone Replacement Therapy
Not every man has the same optimal level of hormones. In fact, misjudging this level is where most treatment programs and physicians go wrong. Most men have optimal testosterone levels which are near the higher extreme of the laboratory tested results which range from 80pg to 240pg.
The effects of low testosterone levels start becoming apparent in most men once free testosterone levels fall to 130pg or below. When this happens, several symptoms start appearing. While diagnosing these symptoms, physicians and doctors often tell their patients that there’s nothing wrong as the testosterone level is still within the laboratory testing range. However, low testosterone levels need to be treated to restore prior levels so that patients can continue to maintain a high quality of life and stay physically active.
Effective Male Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormone replacement therapy should meet the following criteria: